- * Identify the title, the author, and the publisher of the book.
- * Summarize the main idea/theme of the book you are reviewing in one or two sentences.
- * Write your thesis (what you think of the book). Example: I loved the book but I had some problems with it. Example: I thought the book has useful information for parents of deaf children.
- * Summarize the important points of the book (This can be one or several paragraphs.) Use quotes or paraphrases from the book to prove your points.
Evaluate (This can be one or several paragraphs.)
- * Explain the writer’s purpose for writing the book. Give your opinion on whether the writer achieved her/his purpose in writing the book.
Criticize/praise the book
- Explain to your audience if you thought the book was entertaining or boring, has good characters or unrealistic characters, has thorough information or inadequate information. Use quotes or paraphrases from the book to prove your points.
- * Review the main points of your argument.
- * Remind the reader of your thesis (whether or not you thought the book was good).
Last Edited On: 2020, 9, 17